Sunday, February 14, 2010

I think I'm a penguin...

Although I have not yet gone through a box of Kleenex, today has been rough.  Valentine's day can be such a slap in the face for single people, especially those with their hearts broken.  They should name it "Single's Awareness Day."

I did text him back last night and we chatted a bit.  Nothing special.  I still couldn't bring up his marriage and he didn't mention it.  Am I in denial?

I have been asked out by a really nice guy who lives close.  I should be more excited than I am.  He seems like a great guy, a good father, fun, and he's cute too.  Maybe it is too soon.  I don't have my heart together, but I can't sit around just waiting for it to heal.  I don't want to hurt anyone because I'm not  ready, but it's only a date.  It could turn out to be a good thing.

"He" is married, unavailable, and there is no longer any hope of "us" left.  I need to move on!  I need to stop moping.

I think I am a penguin.  Penguins mate once for life.  It's tough being a penguin in these situations.  It's going against my character to have to find someone new-but research shows that penguins will select a different mate if the one from previous seasons do not return-and mine is surely not returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here :)