Saturday, February 20, 2010

the date...

I did it.  I took a deep breath and met the guy for dinner and a movie.  I had a good time; he was nice, cute, and fairly easy to talk with.  I even got an end-of-the-date kiss.  My emotions are a little mixed and of course, I compared the poor guy to "him".  He, my date, wants to get together again.  At this point, I'm thinking I probably will go out with him again.  I just don't know if I'm feeling the excitement right now; there was no immediate chemistry.  I know I need to give him some time and not decide so quickly.  He just seems a little more "sheltered" than I am, a little "square".  Maybe that was the first impression he was trying to make, but I confess I like a little excitement-who doesn't?  Look what the last bit of excitement got me, though...

Whatever happens next, I will use this experience as another step towards healing my broken heart.  I just hope no one has to get hurt in my healing process...

1 comment:

  1. Live in the moment and not in the past!! Life is a party enjoy it breathe it live it!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here :)