Monday, March 1, 2010

Just another manic Monday...

Today, I worked.  I spent most of my 12 hours working with a new baby who had a rough start.  She swallowed and aspirated some meconium at birth.  She did fairly well for the amount that we suctioned out of her.  Despite our efforts, she needed a little more help with her breathing then the small hospital could offer and we had to transport her to our children's hospital.  I'm pretty sure she is going to do just fine, though.  It was nice to be so focused on someone else for a change.  A job well done is a good feeling to end a work day with too.

As far as my most recent date, I don't think it's going to go anywhere.  Is it just too soon or is it lack of chemistry?  He's actually called me almost everyday (almost annoyingly), but I've missed most of his calls due to my work schedule.  I do return his calls, but the conversation on the phone is just not flowing.  I'm not really feeling any chemistry and he's such a nice guy.  Oh well, sometimes it's there; sometimes not.  I do already have a date planned-with someone else-the weekend after next.  It's a blind date set up by a friend, but he sounds interesting.  I'm excited about this one....

I'm working on the heart...it's an ongoing process.  I read a quote yesterday.  "When your heart speaks, take good notes."  I'm listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here :)