Wednesday, March 3, 2010

work, work, work...

I'm a little annoyed tonite.  I had a phone conversation with the guy I recently went on a date with.  I hadn't talked to him in a couple of days; I've been working a lot.  I guess if I was real interested, I'd have made time to talk to him.  Maybe that should tell me something.  The phone conversation was painstakingly hard.  He said, "does it feel like we struggle to find something to talk about when we're on the phone?"  Uh, yeah!  He has become a little obnoxious with some of the things he says.  He told me he thinks I've been avoiding him.  He also made the statement, "I hope you're saving all that money from working so much."  What's worse, that he could have been accusing me of lying about my schedule or that he's already giving me money advice?  I guess I'm just easily irritated these days or maybe I'm looking for an excuse to get irritated.

On a more positive note, I'm excited about my blind date next week.  I hope my heart is in the right place.  From what I've learned, we have quite a bit in common.  I'd hate to miss out on something wonderful because of where my heart is.  A good friend suggested we meet and she's been successful at match making in the past, so it could work out.  We'll see; I am trying not to put too much "hope" into it, but still approach the opportunity optimistically.  If nothing else, it'll be a fun night out.

I'm tired.  Been working-and spending ;)-a lot, so I'm going to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here :)