Friday, April 23, 2010

Fabulous Friday...

For the past 12 weeks, five of my girlfriends and I have been training for our first 5K race.  The big day has finally arrived, the race starts at 8:30 tomorrow morning.  Tonight we decided to celebrate with a pre-race dinner.  Crab cakes, sauteed veggies, and sweet potatoe fries.  Plus, I decided to surprise them by baking us a celebratory cake.  French vanilla cake/cherry jello (Poke cake)...with cream cheese and cool whip frosting.  It was so good...I would have added a picture, but there wasn't much left of it.  Needless to say, my Friday was fabulous.  What's not to love about a bunch of girls getting together and gabbing while consuming lots of sweet carbs??  Now if only I can survive the 3.1 miles of running tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. ah, it all makes sense to me now as to why your last six word saturday had you wanting to run...literally :) sounds like you and your galfriends had a great time friday night...good for you! i'll be rooting for you, friends or not, i hope you leave them in a cloud of dust ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Be sure to report back how you did. There is a real rush when you are competing in a group - even if it is a "fun run" - that seems to push you to higher levels. Sorry I missed out on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you did good friend dont forget to update us on this.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here :)