Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reminiscing

I wish I could stop reminiscing so much about our time together.  There are some great memories, though.  I don't regret any of it and enjoyed every minute of it.  I always told him I thought he was a great guy, and somehow despite his lies, I still do.  There is a Dr. Seuss saying, "Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened."  I just wish it were that easy.  I smile because it happened but I am also devastated because it's over.

This situation has made me realize how weak I am.  I have always been independent, strong-willed, and together.  But today, now, the past three weeks, I have been broken and weak.  My heart physically pains.  Am I ever going to be able to feel love for someone again?  Am I ever going to be able to trust a man again?  Did I make him too important to me and now that he is gone, I'm feeling too empty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here :)