Thursday, January 28, 2010

My grandma died yesterday...

So yesterday, Wednesday January 27th at 0520, my grandma went to be with Jesus.  She was a big part of my life and very special, but she is no longer suffering.  I have had many special moments with her.

It just happened unexpectedly.  She went into the hospital for dehydration, and it turned out she had pneumonia in both lungs which were already weakened by COPD.  She was talking to us Tuesday afternoon and by that evening, had become unresponsive.  I think all of the family is still trying to absorb the shock. 

And speaking of family...there is quite a gathering in her honor.  It's sad that it takes a tragedy to bring everyone together, but it's so good to see how blessed we are. 

It heals my broken heart a bit to see what I am blessed with. I have also stepped towards healing my broken relationship with God. I've just been angry with Him; I haven't understood His plans and haven't been able to look towards the future.  I just know that I am hurting right now and have unfortunately blamed Him instead of turning to Him for comfort.

Progress is being made.  My gram was always so giving to me...and she may have helped me make the first step to healing my shattered heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here :)